Friday, July 27, 2012

Cleaning the Temple

"This last Thursday I had the privilege of cleaning the Provo, Utah temple. It has been closed for a couple weeks and re-opens soon. What an experience. It was strange at first, because we receive white grubs to clean in but we wear our tennis shoes.  We were then given a quick speech about how nobody else in the world cleans the way the temple does. It was very thorough. This is so that whoever comes to the temple is able to 100% focus on the spirit and not be distracted by anything. The first thing I was asked to do was help remove old alters in the sealing rooms. What amazing, beautiful and spiritual rooms those are. After words I was asked to do a few miscellaneous things in the "basement". I got to see the shop, which was very neat because the Provo temple is the only temple with a shop that makes and builds it's own repairs. Some simple vacuuming was next. How neat to be able to be in an endowment room all alone with the spirit and help others with the celestial room. I was a little jealous of the sisters as they got to clean the chandeliers in the sealing rooms. Finally, we got to see exactly how deep of a cleaning happens. Me and another Elder were giving the opportunity to scrub all the tile in 1 stairway with an extra-large toothbrush. Literally. We scrubbed and scrubbed with soapy water and out brushes until we could literally see our reflection in the stairs. To most it would seem awful, but I could not look at it any other way than an opportunity to serve the Lord. To be able to go to his house and help clean it so that the spirit may more fully abide there was truly a special experience.
Those who have the opportunity to go regularly to a temple, don't miss out! I can already tell I'm going to miss it on my mission. I am lucky thought, cause I get to go to the one in NY once every 3 months.

Don't forget you can still write me at the MTC mailbox #207, NY-NYCN- 0814, 2005 N 900 E, Provo, Utah 84604. I'll send my MY address to you guys soon :D! I think of you all often and hope all is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment