Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Today is the day!

Glen goes into the MTC today! At 1:10pm he will officially become a missionary for the next two years! After about 9 weeks in the MTC he will go on to NYC speaking Spanish. I'm so excited for him, I know he will do great things out there. He will grow and be changed and become back a better person.


I have a questionnaire that I sent him before he left. He are his answers, and they are awesome! Read below.


What’s your favorite movie or movies?
 
Oh boy, I never like picking favorites becuase usually I enjoy many. I think one of my favorite movies is the Dark Knight. Many people can talk about how dark it is but i love it for the acting that was portrayed by the joker, which i guess is what makes it so dark. The way he portrayed the character and the evil that came across was just so well done. I also enjoy inception, the prestige, pretty much every disney movie ever made, and avatar.
 
What’s your favorite song?
 
This questions is also a loaded questions, because those who know me know i love to sing all too much and sing Anything. However, everyone also knows I am a HUGE Lady GaGa Fan. I can't really pick a favorite song. That would be going against who I am. My favorite song switches depending on how I am feeling. I think music is amazing that way because it can lift us up and inspire us. 
 
Who’s your favorite artist?
 
Lady Gaga, Mother Monster, is my favorite artist. This is again very difficult to say becuase i LOVE SO MUCH MUSIC! But, in the end, it is her that helped me get through many of my sad days. Because even though she may not always stand for the best things, or make the right choices, she believes in standing up for YOU. And in a world where so many people are picked on, or bullied, or not appreciated for who they are, it's nice to have someone that helps people realize that people are just that, people. there is no need to judge.
 
What’s your favorite color?
 
Green. Simply becuase it is the color of my eyes and if i wear that color it makes them pop. the end.
 
Who do you wish you could meet?
 
Honestly, I would love to meet anyone from the Book of Mormon. I think it would be great to talk to any of the prophets. If we are talking non-scriptural, than probably either lucille ball. I could watch her all day :)
 
What is your favorite musical?
 
Les Miserables. The best musical hand down. I haven't seen them all, but i have seen a lot, performed a lot, and this musical never fails to touch me in a way none of the others can. It's music is so emotionally driver and when put together by the right actors this show can stun anyone. I also enjoy newsies, wicked, rent, and chicago.
 
Who do you most look up too?
 
I actually don't really look up to anyone. Not becuase i don't want to or think anyone is great, but becuase everyone is human, we all make mistakes. So rather then loathe after someone else i just try to be the best ME i can be. Now i Do try to follow the examples of those around me that make great choices. I obviously look up to my mom and dad when i think they might have good advice on something and i also look up a lot to my best friend Landon and he helps me make a lot of good choices.
 
What are you most excited for about your mission? Why? 
 
I am most excited to be in NEW YORK!!!!! I want to move their one day and be on broadway so i'll just be in the city of my dreams. I am also excited to learn another language, spanish, and be able to use it all the time.
 
What is your favorite scripture? Why?
 
I have always loved Helaman 5:12 ever since i was young. My dad had me memorize it at a very young age. It has always been a reminder to make Christ my rock. However, at college, a friend showed me Alma 26:12 and it has probably become my new favorite. It is amazing because I am weak, and feel so weak at many times where i can do nothing. But it reminds me that with God i can do anything.

What is your favorite hymn?
Different hymns have spoken to me at different times. For instance, when my aunt passed away, God be with til we meet again really was my favorite and still is in many ways. Going on a mission, i think i'll find a new different hymn i like. But, Overall, here are 3 favorite hymns. 1) I need thee every hour. Because i really do need him, all the time. otherwise, each day would be too hard. 2) how great thou art. this song is very powerful just like God is and he can do anything. 2) be still my soul,  becuase life needs peace. the world needs peace in this hectic time driven by satan.
 
Where do you want to be in 20 years?
 
39. Hm. Best scenario? Performing on Broadway in New York City married to an amazing and faithful wife raising or kids. Boom Awesome :)

What do you want your gravestone to say? Why?
This is an interesting questions. I've always just thought it would say my name..... but now that you mention it no one else ever cares what it says. Maybe it could say "Guess who?" becuase your family will already know its you. haha. If i had to guess it will probably say "In loving memory of Glen Reber, the song that never dies."
 
How many kids do you want?
 
idk. i honestly don't. i'm thinking between three and six. doesn't really matter so long as its in there.
 
What is your highest achievement?
 
A lot of people would probably consider being an Eagle scout my highest achievement. Or is it winning 2nd place at SUU's got talent? Or is it all the musicals i've been able to perform in? I honestly would hope my highest achievement is touching the lives of those around me and being an amazing friend to all who need.
 
What is your favorite electronic device?
 
My phone. my phone my phone my phone. I shall miss it dearly. And not becuase i spend hours on it playing games or stuff, but becuase it allows me to say connected to everyone. All my friends and family and everyone that i love.
 
What will you miss from home?
 
I will miss my bed, and sleep. I love my sleep and i love a huge bed i can just sprawl out over being a tall person and all. I will also miss my moms cooking a lot. It is pretty dang delicious. I will also miss my piano and being able to sit down anytime and play music that i like to play. So many times it has been my escape in life.
 
What will you miss from school?
From school, i will most definitely, truly, positively, miss friends. It's all i'll miss all the time. I'll think of everyone all the time. Friends are my life. They mean the world to me. People mean more than money, than awards, that everything. They are what make me happy, and i like making them happy. So it all works out :)
-Love Glen Reber 

No comments:

Post a Comment